In addition to the Euro Test and the Euro Securité modules. Following this link, you read more about the Final Report from October of 2015 on the “Mapping of professional qualifications and relevant training for the profession of ski instructor in the EU -28, EEA and Switzerland”. Having entered the stagiaire system, you have a 3-year period to complete the BASI Level 4 ISTD qualification, which includes the European Speed Test. Whichever qualification you choose you want it to be recognised by the ISIA. However, many still ask for either a day conversion with an examiner or for a technical exam (3 to 6 days long) in order to validate the conversion. You can expect this process to take up to 8 years to complete, with some considerable investment as well. With BASI Level 2, you can work in Switzerland, Austria, regions of Italy, Andorra, Canada, America, South America, Australia, New Zealand and Japan, and The Canadian qualifications are recognised in Canada, America, Switzerland, Andorra, New Zealand, Australia and Japan. This exam lasts 3 days and covers both technical (including ski offs) and teaching assessments. Getting directly in touch with the new association is by far the... From Worldwide to Europe.
. Your email address will not be published. They don’t always require you to swap. Furthermore, what do I need to do to convert my qualification into another system? Level 1 is an entry level ski instructor qualification allowing the instructor to teach complete beginners up to parallel turns. Ski Instructor Stage 1: Ski Instructor stage 2 Professional Ski Instructor Stage 3: Professional Ski Instructor stage 3 (ISIA Stamp) Nederlands: Skileraar A: Ski instructor B Level: International Instructor C: International Instructor C (ISIA Stamp) Sweeden SLAO: SLAO Level 1: SLAO Level 2: SLAO Level 3: SLAO Auktorisedrad Svensk Skidlarare (ISIA Stamp) Switzerland Many ski coaches can train you towards different systems, not just one. Consequently, there has been an increase in interaction between a huge variety of cultures and education systems. Most of them have different levels and whilst everyone always argues about which one’s best, there are some ways to work out if your ski instructor has the equivalent of a degree in skiing – or something lower. 3. But yet again the Tech and the Teach modules which will need to be re-taken. The beauty of working as a ski instructor is the opportunity to travel the world. In order to be able to work in France, you need to hold the full license of your home country. Along with France and Italy, Austria is one of the biggest ski instructor associations in Europe. Competent knowledge of the Italian language is compulsory to attend any AMSI course. Established for well over a decade, ALLTRACKS offer the widest range of ski instructor courses varying in length from 4 to 22 weeks, allowing you to qualify as Level 1, … As a rule of thumb you will need to sit the certification on the new system you want to choose, which is of equal standing to your current level. Get in touch with us for any help with training towards any European ski instructor qualification equivalents. In Italy, ski instructor qualification equivalents are, in a true Italian style, different for every region. Level 1 Instructors. If you have any other questions fire them off below, drop us an email or give us a call. It is one of the biggest in Europe in the number of active instructors. All systems operate a levels system of qualification, and whilst all organisations have similarities, there are slight differences to each system – find out about the different qualifications. Where there is snow there is ski instructing. BASI is the British Association of Snowsport Instructors, CSIA  the Canadian Ski Instructors Association and NZSIA the New Zealand Ski Instructor Association. For more information on how to become a ski instructor in Europe and get certifications valid across the world get in touch with us or visit our dedicated pages. The initial qualification you gain is not the qualification you’re stuck with. Getting in touch with the association is essential to have official information on your conversion process. It’s a matter of deciding which resort you want to be in, rather than finding a ski school to apply to, which in Europe can be difficult. You may use these HTML tags and attributes: Notify me of follow-up comments by email. So we’ve tried to tackle the key issues and hopefully help you make an informed decision! There are all centrally governed by the ISIA (International Ski Instructor Association), and all offer worldwide recognition. The International Ski Instructors Association (ISIA) is the world body for professional snowsports instructors. We also run conversion training for these exams, so get in touch with us if you need to prepare for this assessment. This makes applying for instructor work more simple. In order to have your paper converted you need to get in touch with the association directly. This is the process in a nutshell: 1. Required fields are marked *. 2. Level 3 ISIA can hope to have their qualification recognized as “Instructor” level. So, in short they are all similar certifications, with similar recognition worldwide, and all have more domestic clout in their own country. Competent knowledge of the French language is compulsory in order to attend ESF courses. Your email address will not be published. We have Autumn and Winter courses to suite everyone’s needs. For example, if you head out to Canada, and work as a couple of seasons with a CSIA Level 2, if you decided to head back to Europe and wanted to benefit from BASI recognition, you can transfer your certification and would just need to take your BASI 2. Only when you have a Level 2 qualification can you work internationally. For example, if you hold a CSIA Level 2, you will have to retake the full BASI Level 2 (two-week course and exam). CSIA Europe runs courses in Andorra (Spain) so you have the option to keep your education going without any changes.